Your Ad Here

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

xbox Laptop - The Softmod

Ok, now that I got this thing running it's time to softmod it and later try my hands at a TSOP flash.

The first thing I had to do was take the Samsung DVD PCB out of my "Lucky" slim, put it back together and replace that broken Phillips drive.


Then I had to upgrade the dash from 4920 to 5960. To do that I used Halo 2, went to xbox live, troubleshoot and let it do its thing.


Next I used my SD card and my xbox to USB adapter, that we made a few days ago, to get the Mechassault game-save exploit to the console.


Finally I popped in Mechassault, selected install Linux and ran the on screen instructions and less than 10 minutes later I was booting into UnleashX. Yes that's me, yes that's "The Champagne of Beers". My girlfriend came out because she wanted to see how the Mechinstaller works and apparently to take pictures.


NOTE: I am over the legal drinking age in my state and / or country. I do not condone underage drinking OR drinking while handling electronics. Drinking leads to health problems and the making of stupid decisions... just look at my tattoos... right? If you have to, drink responsibly. If you can avoid it, just don't drink at all. Also.. if you have to drink, please drink something better than Miller High Life.

Learn to: Mechinstaller


Next step: TSOP Flash, and XBOXHDM so I can install the 2.5" HDD and do away with the dvd drive completely.
Till next time!
Josh

1 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete